HOW TO APPLY
ADDRESS AND ATTACHMENTS
Once the application form is filled return to the following address:
The Admissions Office ,
P.O. Box 195 – 80108,
Kilifi – Kenya,
The following documents must accompany the completed application form
- Professional and academic Certificates/Transcripts
- Current letter of appointment (where applicable)
- Four (4) recently taken one by one inch (“1x1”) Photographs of good quality
APPLICATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Undergraduate Entry Requirements Minimum of Mean grade C+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) or equivalent qualifications
A holder of a Bachelors degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalent in the relevant discipline, from a recognised institution.
A holder of a Masters degree from a recognized institution in an area or subject relevant to the proposed area of study
Due to limitation in bed space, accommodation in campus is reserved to Government sponsored students i.e the Joint Admissions Board (JAB) students. This is allocated on first-come –first- served basis. In the event of availability of accommodation space due to a JAB student wanting to stay out of campus, then that is when a Self Sponsoring student can be allocated accommodation.
Students are however charged as follows:
- semester for a student taking studies under the full- time mode and Kshs.1,500 for a student under the Institutional/ School-Based mode.
- The university is assisted in accommodating students by external/private landlords who charge between Kshs.1,500 and Kshs.2,500 per month.
Also Pwani University has a catering department which offers services to students on Pay -As- You -Eat system.
Tuition at Pwani University is semesterised depending on mode of study as follows:
- For the Full-Time mode, the first semester starts around late August for freshers while the continuing group reports early September of every calendar year and the semester ends in early December.
- Second Semester starts in January and ends late March.
and Students go for their long holidays starting from April and end around August.
- The Institutional/ School Based Mode‘s Tuition is split into three sessions for each academic year: The first Session is normally held in December of each calendar year while the second and third sessions are held in April and August of each year respectively.
NB: The applicants are to pay non-refundable processing fees in the following Pwani University Bank Accounts and ATTACH THE RECEIPT (bank deposit receipt) to the application form on returning it to the University.
- EQUITY BANK LTD (Kilifi Branch) ACC./NO. 0460291566407, OR
- BARCLAYS BANK LTD. ( Kilifi Branch) ACC/NO. 1046501, OR
- COOPERATIVE BANK LTD. (Kilifi Branch) ACC/NO. 01129465157200
For further information contact: