Huawei Certified ICT Associate (HCIA)
Huawei Certified ICT Associate (HCIA) certification validates the knowledge and skills required for basic configuration and maintenance of small to medium-sized networks. It covers basic IP network connectivity, TCP/IP technologies, Ethernet technologies such as STP and RSTP, VLAN and Link Aggregation and their implementation within Huawei switches. Routing principles and technologies including RIP and OSPF for IPv4 and IPv6 networks, WAN technologies, IP based security, network management as well as IPv4 and IPv6 based application services.
With HCIA certification, you demonstrate a basic understanding of small and medium-sized networks, including general network technologies, and the ability to assist the design of small and medium-sized networks and implement the designs using Huawei routing and switching devices.
With engineers who are HCIA certified, enterprises are able to construct simple networks and integrate voice, wireless, cloud, security and storage technologies into their networks in order to support a variety of applications.
You will learn to:
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the virtual routing platform (VRP).
- Build efficient data switching environments through themanagement of switching products and manipulation of related(STP/RSTP) link layer protocols.
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions.
- Establish solutions for enterprise network administration and management through application layer services including DHCP, FTP and Telnet.
- Establish a fundamental network capable of supporting basic communications.
- Enhance link layer performance through implementation of features and services including link aggregation, VLAN technologies and GVRP.
- Manage and support Wide Area Network communications over serial links for a range of technologies including HDLC, PPP, PPPoE and Frame Relay.
- Apply Network Address Translation (NAT) solutions for private networks.
- Provide effective IP security solutions using various security architectures including Access Control Lists (ACL), AAA, and IPSec with GRE support solutions.
- Describe solutions for unified enterprise network management, including SNMP and Huawei eSight NMS technology solutions.
- Establish truly business capable enterprise networks for real-world industries.
HCIA-Routing & Switching certification validates the knowledge and skills required for basic configuration and maintenance of small to medium-sized networks.
The curriculum includes:-
- Network fundamentals
- Basic connection methods of popular networks
- Basic network construction
- Troubleshooting of common network faults
- Installation and commissioning of Huawei routing and switching devices.
- HCIA-Routing & Switching certification requires a KCSE Certificate.
WEEKDAY SESSIONS (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
2 HRS PER SESSION
5PM – 7PM
WEEKEND SESSIONS (SATURDAY)
8 HRS PER DAY
8AM - 5PM
Students on Session ~ Kshs. 20, 000
Non-Students & Students not on Session~ Kshs. 25, 000
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the intricacies of data transmission over IP networks, for competency in supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting IP networks
- Perform IP address planning for establishing well designed networks
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the Versatile Routing Platform (VRP)
- Build efficient data switching environments through the management of switching products and manipulation of related (STP/RSTP) link layer protocols
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions